At XING you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow professionally. You’ll be part of an organization with almost 300 amazing developers and a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc. While most of our products focus on the German speaking regions, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe and our working culture is international.
What we are looking for
- You are a passionate Developer in diverse programming languages, experienced in Ruby on Rails.
- You have a university or polytechnical degree in software engineering or relevant experience.
- You like to stay on the cutting edge of software development and have been building applications that serve the user and scale seamlessly.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills (English a must, any other languages optional)
- You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe.
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
The challenge, if you are up for it
You will implement new features for the XING platform with a good test coverage. We do not work alone: we collaborate with other development teams at XING, connecting our apps using REST and AMQP. We are all full-stack developers, and as part of the team you will build complete features from end to end. In your team, you are also coaching each other to become better in your crafts and learn from each other. Our platform is built on a Ruby on Rails backend, using MySQL, Redis, Memcache, and ElasticSearch. In the frontend, we use React in the newer parts, and jQuery in the older ones. The team also has developers working on the XING iOS and Android apps, and part of the job is to work together with them on new features, and provide them with the right API calls. At XING, we use Github Enterprise to manage our code base. We heavily use open source projects, and contribute back regularly (see also https://github.com/xing). The team’s working language is English.
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Real training and conferences.
- 25 days of vacation per year
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world.
- Free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English and German lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events.
Como se candidatar
If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply send an Email with your contact information and a CV or link to an online-CV: https://corporate.xing.com/en/career/?jh=r9pyirlid6wgmr848ol6dvt4owddthk.